3.06.2007

*GrandExalted: if you could have any superpower what would you pick?
me: why would you ask that question?
GrandExalted: just curious I guess.
me: I have to go.

*Signs off.

I can't sleep. Memphis is warm and syrupy this time of year. The kind of town that dribbles right through your veins and makes your heart thump louder. It's unshakable. I thought I would leave after he was gone. But Memphis held fast to me. Guess I should go out and give thanks. Some people talk about home like it's just a place to keep your things, but here... hell, Elvis felt it, so did Johnny. Isn't that enough?

The sweat and melody that pulls me when I walk out my door tells me it's more than enough. I owe this town my life. I... I don't know what I would have done after he was gone if I'd been anywhere else.

I need to get a dog or something. Christ, I'm cracking up.

*car comes thumping by... thump thump BOOM.... she runs.*

No comments: